Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Orchid dollhouse interior

Today I have begun to layout the interior of my Orchid! Hard to to see it yet, but it is going to be a bakery with a kitchen and a little apartment upstairs. I added the fireplace and turned the stairs from the kit and added a landing. I really wanted a fireplace and stairs and this was the only configuration I could come up with. I need to add a wall upstairs in order to accommodate an oven. I do not have a clear plan for that space yet. I don't really care as long as I can fill the whole place with mini cakes, pies, tarts, macaroons, cupcakes, and the like. I need to paint the beadboard before I attach it to the wall, and the baseboard and crown. I wish I was working on it now, but I have to watch 24! Again, sorry for the crummy iphone photo:

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Susan - your Orchid is looking lovely! As are your paintings as well. Also, thanks for your comment on my blog (Cynthia's Minilife) - I'm not too good at this and just saw it today. I look forward to exchanging ideas and information with you.
    Cynthia (cjme63)

    ReplyDelete