Monday, February 15, 2010

Cupcakes!

I made some cupcakes while watching the Olympics tonight.  The color of my picture is just terrible!  They are pink iced and I must add this is PURE trial and error, heavy on the error.  I just could not get the icing to hold any shape, so these ended up as good ol' dipped cupcakes instead of the beautiful piped creations that they were intended to be  :-)  I used tls and white and red clay  to color it and then added some cornstarch.  I think I read that somewhere, but who knows where or even if it stayed in context in my mind.  I may have created pink brick mortar!  Anyhow, if anyone knows and is willing to share how to get a texture that can be piped through a monoject syringe, I would be indebted to you and very thankful!

2 comments:

  1. They look so real and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great! I know you said you were going for more of a piped look, but these are just as good. Look like good old home made cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete