I am working on the layout of the second floor of the Orchid. Those of you who have seen the Orchid know that the second floor is a nightmare! The windows and the sloped roof make the layout very dysfunctional, to put it mildly. I am attempting a false wall that will make a bed-space out of the middle window and will make wall space that is actually perpendicular to the floor under the smaller windows! I think then I will be much happier with the space.
After looking through Sylvia's blog and seeing how wonderful her little chairs from Lea's tutorial turned out, I attempted my own. I did not have any staircase spindles, so I made the front legs out of polymer clay. Needless to say, it is a bit wobbly, but as attempts at miniature-making go, I am quite pleased with it! Thanks for the inspiration Sylvia!